Can you sing? Have you ever sung in a choir? Whether you are a solo singer or a keen choral singer, have the ability to read music or struggle with the dots, UCD Choral Scholars want to hear from you!
The UCD Choral Scholars is Ireland’s leading collegiate chamber choir and is made up of students from all different faculties and schools in University College Dublin. We are a dynamic choir and have travelled around Europe and the USA showcasing our talents on TV, radio, in concert and by recording multiple albums for release with Signum Records (Gramophone ‘Label of the Year’ 2017).
Our rehearsal space in Memorial Hall, Richview, allows us to continue
safely during this unusual time.
How and why you should join:
As a member of the Choral Scholars, you will:
• Receive a scholarship financial reward of €1,500 per academic year;
• Develop your artistic talents and team-building skills;
• Work with other professional directors and musicians;
• Record new works for choir or small ensemble;
• Tour with the ensemble when restrictions allow;
• Be in high-end music video productions;
• Make friends for life and;
• Have one of the best college experiences on offer.
We encourage every student to apply, no matter your previous experience: some of the best voices we have recruited in the past had never sung choral music before.
Auditions will be held for new and current UCD students for the first semester 2022-2023 on
4th and 5th October 2022. For audition tips and information take a look at the auditions page.
We are excited about welcoming new singers into our ensemble.
Applications are welcomed from currently enrolled University College Dublin students, who have already been offered, and have accepted, a college course.
Applications are now open.
Have a specific question? Please feel free to contact us at any time.